Friday 24 January 2020

BBC Look North - Paddle to Work

I've been posting on a Beverley Facebook page recently to show the great work local paddlers from KKC and EYCC have been doing to clean up the River Hull near the town. I also mentioned that I am privileged to be able to commute on the waterway if conditions and tides are suitable. This was picked up by Jo Makel, a video-journalist and news presenter for BBC Look North. She approached me to consider making a little film of our exploits, of course I was delighted.

Last Tuesday afternoon on a beautiful sunny winters day we worked hard to produce a short film. The greatest of thanks have to go to my dear friend Roger Goodchild and Fiona for paddling Jo and Crispin around, these guys are the unsung heroes. Jo edited the dubious material and it has to be said she did an amazing job...

A truly memorable experience and great fun, I've heard TV cameras add at least 10lbs but I think the diet seriously needs to start next week... :-)

Paddling Home from Ken Oliver on Vimeo.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers