Sunday 14 February 2010

Fishing from a Canadian Canoe

Took possession of an old Euro Kayak Trapper 500 a couple of days ago so yesterday was spent sorting it out, actioning a couple of small repairs, fitting a bit of bouyancy and then lacing it all together.

Today we decided to add water and took the boat to a local lake where we met Ian the proprietor of the site. My son was really excited and it was so nice to introduce him to open boating, I think we have started something here...

Photobucket

I thoroughly enjoyable couple of hours messing about on the lake - so pleased that the tuition I received from Kim Bull ten days or so ago had stuck..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then this afternoon I decided to see what it was like to fish off one of these boat - and I was pleasantly surprised

Photobucket

A drogue was definately required though, just a little breeze had us drifting too fast to fish, once set the drogue did its job very well.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Well, I think I'm sold, any freshwater fishing afloat from now onwards will be done in the open boat if possible....and with the company of my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers